Welcome to Highland Springs Primary Care. We look forward to helping you with your primary healthcare needs.
Below area answers to some of the questions we are frequently asked by our patients:
- Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5 p.m. We are closed for lunch between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. You may reach us by phone after 8:30 a.m. After hour emergency calls are handled by Dr. Khan through our answering service.
- Copayments are expected at the time of service as required by your insurance company.
- Self pay patients are required to pay for their visit in full at the time of service.
- We ask that you bring your medications to each office visit. We require that your insurance card(s) be brought to each visit as well.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, please call us right away. Without 24 hours' notice or if you do not show up for your appointment, there is a $25 fee. Appointment time is set aside just for you, and if you are not able to use it, we would like to offer that time to another patient who needs to see the physician.
- If you find that you are running late for an appointment, please call to ssee if we can still accommodate your visit.
- For most letters and forms, such as insurance forms, back to work forms, disability forms, employment forms, etc., there is a charge of $25 to $50 depending on the complexity.
- Regarding referrals, in most cases Dr. Khan must evaluate your condition prior to your setting up an appointment with a specialist. Once he has approved the referral, the appointment should be set up and you should call our office at least 48 hours prior to your appointment time to process the referral. Without this notice, you may be required to reschedule your specialist appointment. Retroactive referrals are not issued.
- Prescription refills are best handled at your office visit. If you are in need of a refill at any other time, pleas have your drug store or mail order pharmacy fax the request to us at 804-737-8973. They alos hav the option of electronically submitting your request to your office. It is important that you not wait until you are completely out of a medication before asking for a refill. Please allow 48 hours for your prescrition request to be processed.
Please let us know at any time if you have additional questions or concerns.